Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
In January 2015, a 5-year memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and Polar Educators International (PEI) was signed by APECS Director - Dr. Gerlis Fugmann and the PEI President - Gary Wesche. The MoU is based on the mutual interest of APECS and PEI in engaging, supporting and promoting polar science education, outreach, and communication (EOC). Through this agreement, the APECS Executive Committee and the PEI Council will strive to identify and collaborate on mutually beneficial activities towards strengthening that interest.
GAIA Antártica: Conocimiento y Cultura Antárctica
GAIA Antártica from the University of Magallanes in Chile, and Polar Educators International (PEI) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in April 2015. Signed by GAIA Antártica's Professor Alfredo Soto and PEI's Gary Wesche, the MoU allows these organizations to:
- Exchange knowledge and educational polar experiences - share and collaborate with strategies and methodological procedures to support educational polar programs or activities
- Strengthen international awareness about the polar regions, especially Antarctic region, through scientific dissemination
- Enhance collaborative links between scientific research and education, outreach and communication
U.S. Ice Drilling Program Office (IDPO)
This memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the U.S. Ice Drilling Program Office (IDPO) and Polar Educators International (PEI) is based on the mutual interests of both partners in engaging, supporting and promoting polar science education, outreach, and communication (EOC). Through this agreement the partners will promote each other's organizations, work together in person and virtually to develop and deliver educational sessions, and seek joint opportunities for funding to develop and sustain mutual initiatives. This collaboration will involve:
- Promotion: Addition of the partner's logo to each entity's web site, with cross links to shared resources.
- Engagement: Both organizations will share news feeds for dissemination to their respective networks
- Support: IDPO will assist with the development of general Master Class materials, strategies and outreach, as well as provide scientific content and/or presenters related to ice core science and its clear communication
- PEI and IDPO will seek opportunities to co-present educational sessions at AGU, NSTA, etc., pending available funds
- Sustainability: Both organizations will investigate avenues for mutual funding sources for ongoing efforts