Are you looking for a way to get active in Polar Educators International and the PEI leadership?
Apply to be a part of the PEI Council! We encourage YOU to consider applying for the PEI Council-- help us shape our organization and the future of polar science education! To find out more about what the PEI Council does check out the FAQ at the end of this letter. Please pass this along to interested and talented colleagues, apologies for cross-postings.
How do you apply for the PEI Council? It’s easy! Please provide:
- Current personal & professional contact information
- Brief bio (around 100 words)
- Present picture of yourself (no hat or sunglasses/balaclavas)
- Name and email address of two references
- Identify desired council role (i.e. representative of an organization, institution, area of research/interest, or serve as an individual “member-at-large”)
- Expression of Interest Letter (around 500 words) explaining the following:
- Why you are interested in PEI and sitting on the Council? This includes any ideas you have for projects or activities the organization could undertake, a desire to become more connected to the larger polar community, ways to improve PEI as it meets it’s mission, general interest in the process of the organization, ideas to strengthen and grow the international community of polar educators.
- How do we fit into your goals over the next few years?
- Any major periods of anticipated future extended absence, such as fieldwork, long vacations, or intense exam periods.
- It is also quite helpful to know a little about your experiences (including previous PEI/polar education involvement and any other boards or councils) and why you are interested in the Polar Regions. See the FAQ for a more detailed description of the application procedure for the PEI Council. http://www.polareducator.org/about/council/council-charter