PEI is a vibrant network promoting polar education and research to a global community.
By fostering dialogue and collaboration between educators and researchers, PEI aims to highlight and share the global relevance of the polar regions with the broader community. Join PEI to be a part of this growing global network!
Polar Educators International is a vital international network of educators and researchers aiming to provide a deeper understanding of current polar science. PEI represents trusted leaders working to inspire appreciation and knowledge of the polar regions, their connectedness to all Earth’s systems, and importance to all humans across latitudes and cultures.
- To develop and foster national and international relationships which result in culturally and regionally relevant PEI collaborations, resources and activities. To develop local PEI networks.
- Provide relevant & timely professional development opportunities for both education and scientific communities.
- Develop a working relationship with partner organizations.
- Develop a robust, flexible, and useful web presence that is a trusted and accurate resource.
- Develop and disseminate branding and marketing of PEI.
The Strategic Plan was initially drafted by a working group in 2013 and was later approved by the Council and Executive Committee. The Plan outlines PEI’s short and long-term (5-year) goals but is an ever-evolving document reflecting the goals. It is intended to grow and change along with the organization. The plan is available here: PEIStrategicPlan_2013